The NCU Library strives to embody the academic core of the university, provide premier resources and innovative services, and empower its global and diverse community along the path of intellectual inquiry and life-long learning.
Northcentral University Library provides a transformative learning environment where knowledge creation and scholarly collaboration take place beyond walls. In support of the University’s Teaching through Engagement Model, the library leverages its staff expertise, innovative technology, and strategic partnerships to elevate our unique and diverse learning community through the curation and accessibility of dynamic resources and services.
NCU Library Values:
The Northcentral University Library department is an academic unit that facilitates and supports the research needs of the entire Northcentral community. To this end, the Library is responsible for the following:
· Select, purchase, and manage academic resources and materials, such as databases, to facilitate the research needs of students, instructors and team members
· Provide instruction and assistance to users of the Library on locating information and resources through tutorials, webinars, and reference services
· Work collaboratively with other academic units to ensure adequate resources are maintained
· Manage access methods to subscription resources that require proper authentication
· Ensure the entire University Library complies with licensing agreements and provides expertise on issues surrounding copyright law
· Participate in partnerships with other libraries to extend the access of resources and services, such as the interlibrary loan service
· Prepare an annual Library budget to ensure accounts with vendors are kept current, as well as maintains and projects future expenditures
The Northcentral University Library also manages and oversees the Northcentral University Library website. The Library website is a multi-purpose online tool that allows users to access and request resources, contact librarians, and locate instructional materials essential to research. Lastly, the NCU Library also strives to make its website accessible in accordance with WCAG 2.0, ADA, Section 508, and other accessibility standards and guidelines.
The Northcentral University Library adheres to ACRL (Association of Colleges and Research Libraries) Standards and Guidelines, promotes information literacy practices to the entire academic community, and follows practices outlined in the American Libraries Association (ALA) Bill of Rights. Additionally, the Northcentral University Library complies with Copyright Law Act (17 U.S.C) and strongly promotes freedom of speech.
03/31/2015 - Office of the Registrar - © 2015 Northcentral University