For self-editing and proofreading, one option for students is to use Grammarly, the automated grammar checker. Grammarly develops essential writing skills by helping students revise their papers and providing automated instructional feedback. Northcentral University provides students with a premium Grammarly subscription. To sign up for this service, please follow the directions below.
Note:All NCU Grammarly users need to use their NCU email so that we can ensure that users are active NCU students, faculty, and staff.
Follow this link to Sign Up for Grammarly Services: https://www.grammarly.com/edu/signup
1) Click "sign up" and enter name, your NCU email (@email.ncu.edu; o365.ncu.edu), and password.
2) Users are taken to "Thank you for signing up. Please verify your email" page.
4) Check your NCU email, locate the email from Grammarly and verify your account. To begin using your Grammarly account, sign in at https://www.grammarly.com/signin.
If you have any issues, email the Academic Success Center at email@example.com. In the email, provide your first name, last name, and NCU email. You will be sent a Grammarly invitation to register.
Use the tips and FAQs below to assist with additional Grammarly, editing, and proofreading questions.
Grammarly made some exciting changes to their editor recently. The editor checks for more than grammar and spelling. It now provides more extensive feedback and breaks down your feedback into four categories. Those categories are color-coded in your document and on the alert menu. To learn more about the recent changes, please click here. For a tutorial on the new Grammarly Editor, click here.
If you’d like to continue using the classic editor, please follow the steps below.
1. Sign in to Grammarly.
2. Open or upload a document on the Grammarly dashboard.
3. Click on the question mark in the lower-left corner of the document.
4. Select “Back to classic Editor.”
When editing your assignments, ask yourself the following:
When proofreading your assignments, ask yourself the following: