Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Contact the IRB
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attend daily Office Hours
- Mondays at 8-9am PT
- Tuesdays at 1:30-2pm PT
- Wednesdays at 2:30-3pm PT
- Thursdays at 1-2pm PT
- Fridays at 2-2:30pm PT
As state orders change with regards to interacting with people, and as you consider your research, please abide by all CDC and WHO recommendations regarding COVID 19. Please abide by their recommendations as the primary source of guidance.
If you have questions, please reach out via email email@example.com and/or attend IRB Office Hours.
For face-to-face human subject research, until an effective vaccine for COVID-19 is widely available, please abide by the following for all data collection.
- Study personnel and participants must pass self-screening prior to in-person interactions. Passing requires an answer of “No” to all of the following questions:
- Have you recently started experiencing any of these symptoms?
- Fever or chills, or
- Mild or moderate difficulty breathing, or
- New or worsening cough, or
- Sustained loss of smell, taste, or appetite, or
- Sore throat, or
- Vomiting or diarrhea, or
- Aching throughout the body
- A distance of 6 feet must be maintained between study personnel and participants throughout in-person interactions, unless participation requires closer contact.
- Surgical or N95 masks must be worn by study personnel and participants throughout in-person interactions. If study participation requires contact closer than 6 feet, N95 masks, gloves, and safety glasses must be employed.
- Study spaces, facilities, and equipment must be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after in-person interactions.
- Adequate supplies of equipment, disinfectants, and PPE must be ensured before the study begins, and must not detract from the local community’s ability to respond to a potential surge.
Please note that the IRB is here to support you as you navigate your data collection with participants. Please if you are running into any issues/challenges please attend IRB Office hours.
If you think that redoing your recruitment materials would be helpful to attract participants, please attend one of our group writing sessions.