Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Contact the IRB
Email us at email@example.com
Attend daily Office Hours
- Mondays at 8-9am PT
- Tuesdays at 1:30-2pm PT
- Wednesdays at 2:30-3pm PT
- Thursdays at 1-2pm PT
- Fridays at 2-2:30pm PT
Group Writing Sessions
In a group writing session, an IRB member will present on an IRB topic for 15-20 minutes and then spend the rest of the time giving feedback to any students who submitted their IRB documents for that session. You can attend the same session as many times as you would like.
Please note that no review or determination of your study will be made in a group writing session.
Should I attend the sessions in a certain order?
We recommend attending sessions in this order:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Recruitment Materials
- Consent Letters
- Introduction to IRB Application
Can I receive feedback on my IRB documents in these sessions?
Yes! You can receive feedback on your IRB documents in the sessions on Eligibility Criteria, Recruitment Materials, and Consent Letters. Please read our feedback policy below.
I can't attend any of the group writing sessions. What do I do?
You can register for IRB Document Review and receive asynchronous feedback on your recruitment materials and consent letter. To receive feedback on your eligibility criteria, though, you must attend a group writing session.
Slots for group writing sessions are limited. If you registered for a session and can no longer attend, please cancel your registration so that someone else can attend. You can cancel through the confirmation and reminder emails you will receive.
Please note that the facilitator begins the presentation 1-2 minutes past the start of the session. After 5 minutes, no additional attendees will be admitted, to avoid disruption. Late attendees will need to reschedule.
Researchers are welcome to attend sessions just to learn and do not have to submit documents for feedback.
If you choose to receive feedback in a group session, you must do the following:
- Be in attendance. You must be present to engage in a conversation about your study. We will not review documents for students who do not attend the group session or leave the session before their document is reviewed. We also will not review documents sent via email during or after the session.
- Use the NCU IRB template (for consent letters). If you are attending a session on Consent Letters, make sure you are using the current NCU IRB consent letter template. We will not provide feedback to documents that do not reflect the template and require significant revision. We also cannot edit consent letter templates from other institutions or IRBs.
- Attach your document to the registration form before your session time. The facilitators need to prepare for their sessions and will only review documents that have been attached on the registration forms for that session. If you do not have your IRB documents available at the time that you register, you can attach them later using the link in the confirmation and reminder emails for your session, up to 24 hours before your session time. If you have any difficulty attaching your documents, please follow our Guide to Registering for Group Writing Sessions. If you still experience technical issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach 1 document. The registration form will allow only 1 attachment. If you have multiple documents, please combine them into 1 document for review.
Register for a Session
Register for a group writing session through our scheduling system below.
Need help? Use our Student Guide for Group Writing Sessions. If that doesn't answer your question, email email@example.com.
Please select your time zone first. Then you will schedule session times in your own time zone.