In a group writing session, an IRB member will present on an IRB topic for 20-30 minutes and then spend the rest of the time giving feedback to any students who submitted their IRB documents for that session. You can attend the same session as many times as you would like.
We recommend that you review the webinars.
Please note that no review or determination of your study will be made in a group writing session.
Should I attend the sessions in a certain order?
We recommend attending sessions in this order:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Recruitment Materials
- Consent Letters
- Qualtrics & Formatting Consent Letters (if you're building an online survey in Qualtrics)
- Introduction to IRB Application
Can I receive feedback on my IRB documents in these sessions?
Yes! You can receive feedback on your IRB documents in the sessions on Eligibility Criteria, Recruitment Materials, and Consent Letters. To receive feedback, you must do the following:
- Be in attendance. You must be present to engage in a conversation about your study. We will not review documents for students who no-show or leave the session early. We also will not review documents via email.
- Use the NCU IRB template (for consent letters). If you are attending a session on Consent Letters, make sure you are using the current NCU IRB consent letter template. We cannot provide feedback to documents that do not reflect the template. We also cannot edit consent letter templates from other institutions or IRBs.
- Attach your document to the registration form before your session time. The facilitators need to prepare for their sessions and will only review documents that have been attached on the registration forms for that session. If you do not have your IRB documents available at the time that you register, you can attach them later using the link in the confirmation and reminder emails for your session, up to 1 hour before your session time. If you have any difficulty attaching your documents, please follow our Guide to Registering for Group Writing Sessions. If you still experience technical issues, please email email@example.com.
- Attach 1 document. The registration form will allow only 1 attachment. If you have multiple documents, please combine them into 1 document for review.
I can't attend any of the group writing sessions. What do I do?
You can register for IRB Document Review and receive asynchronous feedback on your IRB documents.